At Sauder, we understand the importance of the customer voice. It is an asset that has been key to becoming a leader in Worship Furniture. We are listening to our existing customers and involving them in Voice-of-Customer surveys and product research. Because of this, we are able to accurately identify the needs of the market. While responding by using innovation to develop successful, desired products.
Sauder has a proven track record of innovative ‘firsts’ – some which may surprise you. Did you know….
- In response to market demand, Sauder Manufacturing was the first company to make chairs specifically designed for worship spaces.
- When customers began asking for a different type of chair that would not be limited to straight-line styling, Sauder purchased equipment from a plybent chair factory in England – this led to a whole new category of chair styles with contoured styling and much greater comfort as a result. Another Sauder first.
- Sauder was also first to introduce pews with divided seats and secure a patent for one of the styles. Definity® seating continues to offer churches a way to effectively maximize capacity by defining where people will sit on a continuous-length pew.
- Coil springs are a mark of quality in all upholstered furniture, and only Sauder offers them in pews.
- Sauder was also the first church furniture manufacturer to design auditorium seating to meet the specific needs of the worship market, to which they bring over 70 years of experience.