The Sauder® Manufacturing Company began producing wood church furniture in 1934. At the time, Erie Sauder, an Archbold, Ohio-based woodworking craftsman, responded to a local church’s request to rebuild and replace church pews and platform furniture. It was the beginning of a career and a company focused on creating furniture for churches.
By 1945, the Sauder® Manufacturing Company, began full-time production of church furniture. The company saw its first expansion in 1951, with nationwide delivery to Oregon. In fact, that first delivery to Oregon made use of a local milk truck. The company continued to grow and learn new manufacturing and product methods. In 1971, Sauder Manufacturing Co. purchased an English chair company. Integrating the English wood ply bending technology began shortly thereafter at the Stryker, Ohio location. Eventually, Sauder Manufacturing Co. became Sauder Worship Seating®.
Sauder Worship Seating Has Established A Reputation For
Craftsmanship, Quality, And Service.
Today, Sauder Worship Seating provides custom seating and furniture for houses of worship for all religious denominations. Grown out of the Sauder Worship Seating is Sauder Courtroom, which provides courtroom seating and furnishings throughout North America.
Skilled Craftsmanship And Modern Technology
The skilled craftsmen of Sauder Worship Seating are experts at blending hands-on skill with modern technology and unmatched creativity – bringing exceptional quality and value to our church furniture customers.
Sauder Worship Seating continues to be at the forefront of changing worship environment trends, offering a full range of flexible seating that includes chairs and platform furniture in addition to radial and straight pews, and auditorium seating. While much has changed since our company’s beginning as a small furniture builder and supplier for local churches, what hasn’t changed over time is Sauder Worship Seating’s strong commitment to our core values and a consistent mission to truly serve our customers.