Our legacy begins back in 1934 when a Northwest Ohio church suffered a fire. The congregation hired Erie Sauder to rebuild all of the woodwork in the recently burned church. The rebuild would include pews and platform furniture. The furniture that is still in use inside the church today.
As the company began growing, there was a need for more room was needed in order to produce church furniture. Six founding members officially formed Sauder® Manufacturing Co., each having a passion for creating church furniture. The company saw its first expansion in 1951. After delivering its first long-distance order to Oregon in a milk truck.
In response to changing church furniture trends, Sauder Manufacturing Co. purchased an English chair company in 1971. This was done in order to begin building plybent wood chairs in a new location (Stryker, Ohio). The integration was successful. This would ensure that the manufacturing of the furniture would continue in the United States. While still providing flexible seating options as part of a comprehensive worship furniture line.
Today, we are still combining our skilled craftsmanship with modern technology. We design our products with undeniable creativity, quality and value. We do all of this while still staying true to our core values. This is what allows Sauder Worship Seating to answer the call of ever-changing market trends. As well as, keeping our legacy that started in 1934 going strong.